Saturday, January 25, 2014

The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength-Part 3

The Joy of the Lord is Our Strength-Part 3
             When we look at the Hebrew word ruwa and understand it means that in the time of trouble David declared he would not merely sing the praises of God, but that he would SHOUT the praises of God.  You probably are thinking now,” I’m just not like that.  I don’t shout even when I’m happy.”  Well, I say to you, get like that because it is taught in the Bible.  If you pucker up in choir like you have just eaten a green persimmon when you are going through heaviness, you are not acting like a Bible believing Christian.
            On the authority of God’s Word he has promised to see you through your heartache, sorrow, and depression if you will shout his praises whether you feel like it or not.
Psalm 28:7 states:
Vs. 7    The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.
Psalm 30: 4&5 tells us:
Vs. 4    Sing unto the LORD, O ye saints of his and give thanks at the remembrance of his holiness.
Vs. 5    For his anger endureth but a moment; in his favor is life: weeping may endure for a night, but joy cometh in the morning.
God’s word has promised us that if we hold on and praise God, joy will come in the morning.  The psalmist tells us that we should sing unto the LORD.  God will hear us and our joy will return.

No comments:

Post a Comment