Monday, February 15, 2021

Help Me to Seek Peace

 

Help Me to Seek Peace

1Peter 3:10-12 For he that will love life, and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips that they speak no guile: Let him eschew evil, and do good; let him seek peace, and ensue it.  For the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous, and his ears are open unto their prayers: but the face of the Lord is against them that do evil.

          Wow!  The lips and tongue can get a Christian musician in much trouble.  It seems that some musicians will have to remain silent to keep out of trouble.  How can a plain-spoken musician stay out of trouble?  The Bible teaches that this person must run from i.e. eschew evil.  Evil speaking is , of course, evil! 

          While the Christian is running from evil speech, he or she must seek peace.  This musician may find it difficult to live peaceably with others, bit the Bible teaches that we are to not only seek peace but also ensue it.  This means that the sincere, earnest Christian musician must not only seek to be peaceful but also to pursue it earnestly.  The Christian musician must do this because nothing that a musician does or thinks escapes the eyes of the Lord.

 

Prayer for the Day

Lord, I am aware that the eyes of the Lord are over the righteous.  However, I am also aware that Your ears are open unto my prayers.  Lord, I am asking You to help me to seek peace with those with whom I am ministering and to help me to make peace with others a way of life.  I can not do this with everyone all the time if You do not help me.  Please hover over my tongue and my lips.  Please guard my heart so that I will do good to those who do not agree with me.  This I am praying in Your wise and wonderful name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment