Saturday, February 27, 2021

Bible Principles of Musicing vs. Personal Preferences -Part 3

Bible Principles of Musicing vs. Personal Preferences -Part 3

 

 I am not saying that my philosophical preferences do not matter.  I am simply acknowledging that my relationship with other Christian musicians matters more than most of my musical preferences.  My preferences matter enough for me to disagree agreeably with my Christian colleagues who are of a different opinion about music ministry, and church music.

 So, I must very carefully follow Bible principles of musicing which are taught in the Bible. I must not music in ways that  are not compatible with living a Christian life or with the purposes of Christian worship. However, I must remember that there is a difference between my personal musical convictions which are based on my interpretation of what the Bible teaches about how I must music unto God, and my musical preferences that make me most comfortable musicing unto God-- which are negotiable.  I must also remember that 1Corinthians 13:4-5 reminds us all that, “Charity suffereth long, and is kind; charity envieth not; charity vaunteth not itself, is not puffed up, Doth not behave itself unseemly, seeketh not her own, is not easily provoked, thinketh no evil…”

 

Thought for the Day

Sometimes musical differences  are based on a desire for power rather than on Bible principles of music and musicing, or on sound worship philosophy.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment