Thursday, August 24, 2017

God Will Strengthen You


God Will Strengthen You

Isaiah 41:10, “Fear thou not; for I am with thee: be not dismayed; for I am thy God: I will strengthen thee; yea, I will help thee; yea, I will uphold thee with the right hand of my righteousness.”

            A few years ago when I was younger and stronger physically, I was much surer of myself as a musical director.  Now that I am older, Satan attacks me often by telling me that I am no longer strong enough or musically prepared enough to direct instrumental and choral groups.  For the first time in my life Satan tries to convince me to quit.

            I regularly read and study about the great art of music and how I should music personally and how to more effectively lead other musicians.  The more I learn about music the smaller and more insignificant I seem to be.  The other morning the music staff of a Christian Band Camp of which I am a part was having devotions together and I was again attacked by the enemy of my soul who is Satan.  As we were praying together the Lord seemed to place me in the hollow of Hid hand.  As we prayed together tears began to flow and I was strengthened and uplifted in spirit by my heavenly Father.  Throughout the day He impressed me with the Scripture verse above.  I can still Hear Him saying: Fear not…I am with thee…be not dismayed…I am thy God…I will strengthen thee…I will help thee…I will uphold thee.  Right now I am in the hollow of His almighty, powerful, all wise, protecting, and uplifting hand.  By the way there is room enough in here for you too.

Thought for the Day

Jesus never belittles His musical servants!  Instead He makes them Kings and Priests unto God.  Revelation 1:6, “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever.”

Song for the Day  “We Are Called to Be God’s People”  by Thomas A. Jackson


No comments:

Post a Comment