Sunday, January 22, 2017

Nothing matters as much as God matters


Nothing matters as much as God matters


Today is Sunday so we are going to take a break from "Understanding Music's meaning".  We will discuss more about it tomorrow.  Today is the Lord's Day so I want to praise him for life!  Psalm 73:26 states, “My flesh and my heart faileth: but god is the strength of my heart, and my portion for ever."   I have lived long enough for my flesh and my heart to fail.  A few years ago I was placed in a heart procedure room and actually watched the doctor work on my heart.  Therefore, I have no trouble saying "... there is none upon the earth that I desire beside thee (Psalm 73:25b)."
       God has truly become the strength of my heart.  I will tell you that as I lay there in Christ Hospital that day, nothing mattered but God.  Nothing that I owned or thought I owned mattered! Christian musician learn to lean hard on the Savior.  Your health may have already failed or may be near to failure.  Take courage because God has promised to be your portion (vs. 26).  It is God and God alone that you must have in this world and in the world to come.
       As the psalmist said in verse 28, "It is good for me to draw near to God."  Be sure that you can say "I have put my trust in the Lord God."  As George Duffield stated in his gospel hymn "Stand up for Jesus", "the arm of flesh will fail you, ye dare not trust your own".
       God has promised in this psalm that he would be your portion for ever.  You may ma not have much of this world's wealth, but you have God as your portion.  The wealth of this world will fade away, but the heavenly inheritance will last for ever.  You can take your heavenly treasure with you to the glory world.

                           Prayer for the day-Nothing matters but God 
Lord thank you that when my heart and flesh fails—Jesus never fails.  Thank you for promising me that you will always be my portion.  Help me to trust you when the arm of flesh fails me.  Help me to reach out and receive your precious promises that are always sure and steadfast.  These things I pray in your strong and mighty name.  Amen.




No comments:

Post a Comment