Monday, January 23, 2017

CHURCH MUSIC CREDO

CHURCH MUSIC CREDO
I believe that the more than 600 references to music in the Bible are given by inspiration of God and are profitable doctrine for reproof, correction, and instruction today.  I believe that the Bible provides us with timeless, relevant, usable, practical and spiritual guidance in the 21st century.  I believe that the only completely safe teacher of church music philosophy is the Holy Spirit who is capable and willing to guide us into all truth concerning music ministry in this century. 
I believe that there are absolutes concerning music ministry.  I believe in profundity, appropriateness and standards of correctness in church music.  I believe that CHURCH MUSIC MATTERS and that CHURCH MUSIC MATTERS to God.  I believe that although there is room for taste in church music ministry, it is not all a matter of personal taste.  I believe God created music and that He thought it into being.  I believe that since God thinks about music it behooves us to study his Word to ascertain what He thinks about music.  I believe that good causes in music may be served.

Thought for the Day
As you begin 2017, I suggest that you develop a music credo and that you write it down and refine it as the year progresses.

No comments:

Post a Comment