Saturday, March 19, 2016

Finding and Doing God’s Will

            Finding and Doing God’s Will

            Today is my youngest daughter’s birthday.  I have been told that the name Rachelle comes from French origin and that it means a Lamb.  Certainly she has brought softness to our home.  By the term softness I do not mean that she is laid back or that she is not opinionated.  She has driven herself since she was in grade school.  I do not remember a time in her life when she was not goal oriented. 
            It is no wonder to me that she is a music educator in a Christian school.  Those who have read excerpts from her music philosophy  that I have posted on my Music Blog, have observed that she is goal oriented and that she believes that the Bible speaks to the subject of Christian music and musicing.  Since I have devoted years of my life to developing a Christocentric music philosophy, it gives me great pleasure to say happy birthday to her today.
              I am exceedingly blessed to be the father of four Children who have all given their hearts and lives to Jesus.  I am without the most unworthy father in the world to have children who have decided to follow Jesus.  Joshua stated (24:15) “And if it seem evil unto you to serve the LORD, choose you this day whom ye will serve; whether the gods which your fathers served that were on the other side of the flood, or the gods of the Amorites, in whose land ye dwell: but as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.”  One by one my children decided to let the LORD have control over their lives.  At an early age Rachelle gave her heart to the Lord. Many years later she came home from student teaching and calmly told me that, at least for now, she felt that God wanted her to teach in a Christian school.  SO, HAPPY BIRTHDAY to my music educator daughter Rachelle—the reason that it is such a happy birthday for you today is that you have made the on-purpose choice to follow the will of God for your life

No comments:

Post a Comment