Monday, August 10, 2015

How I Began This Philosophical Journey


How I Began This Philosophical Journey 
              In July of the summer of 1967 I attended the Eastern Kansas Camp with my mother Anna Mayme Wolf who has now gone to heaven. The evangelist was Dr. C.E. Cowen who preached a very powerful lucid gospel message. Dr. John I. Page came to me and invited me to step forward and give my heart to the Lord. I came forward that night and bowed at an old wooden alter in that open air tabernacle. I was tired of trying to control my life.  I confessed my sins with much godly sorrow; gave my heart to the Lord Jesus Christ and, and by faith in the merits of Christ, received the Lord Jesus Christ as my personal Savior.
             I later graduated from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg Kansas and accepted a teaching position at Kansas City College and Bible School in Overland Park Kansas. I believe it was during my first year of teaching that I attended a music seminar by Dr. Frank Garlock which took place at Kansas City Christian School in Merriam Kansas.
             It was during Dr. Garlock’s seminar that the Lord impressed upon my heart to engage in serious study of music found in the Bible and to develop a coherent and congruent Christ centered music philosophy. I will forever be grateful to Dr. Garlock for his faithfulness to the Lord during that seminar. Without his faithfulness to deliver the message of Christ centered musicing I might not have started on this marvelous musical journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment