Thursday, April 22, 2021

Singing under Stress

 

Singing under Stress

Psalm 57:7 My heart is fixed, O God, my heart is fixed:  I will sing and give praise. 

       Evidently David prepared this Psalm for the chief Levite musician during the time he was fleeing from King Saul.  While under great stress the Psalmist David found it necessary to prepare his heart before he could sing and give praise unto God.  This Scripture says that David “fixed his heart.  The Hebrew word kuwn (3559) means that David prepared his heart so that he could sing and rejoice, even though he was under great pressure from King Saul.

       Christian musicians who are constantly working with others will from time to time find themselves under great stress.  At such times there will be situations that are capable of causing hard feelings and misunderstandings.  Dealing with these situations will require much heart preparation.  If the Christian musician does not take time to make the necessary heart “fixing”, burnout is sure to happen.  

 

Prayer for the Day

Dear Lord, as I come to you in prayer at this moment, I want to thank You for Your sustaining grace in times of stress.  I am asking You to help me to trust that You will never let any stress overtake me.  However, I need Your help at this moment.  Lord help me to not lean on my own understanding or strength.  I confess to You that when the pressure is on, I do not trust my own inner strength to take me through the time of trouble and stress.  Here I am Lord. Please help me just now.  This I am praying in Your strong name.  Amen.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment