Saturday, April 24, 2021

Attitude Adjustment

 

Attitude Adjustment

      My beloved former pastor R.E. Carroll used to tell those of us who worked closely with him that when trouble and misunderstanding arose in his life that he would pray, “Lord handle me.  Lord take care of my attitude.”  Rather than pray that the Lord would change the other guy, he would ask the Lord to change him and his attitude.

       So, when the heat is on, do not try to music unto God until you have had an “attitude adjustment”.  I believe that it is impossible to have an efficacious music ministry when your heart is not prepared or “fixed”.  I say again, heart fixing is absolutely necessary before you music unto God.  It doesn’t do much good to tune your harp until you have tuned your heart.

 

Thought for the Day

Being upset or angry at someone else over a long period of time hurts you much more than the person with whom you are angry.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment