Sunday, April 4, 2021

Christ Arose

 

Christ Arose

When I was a boy no one that I had contact with doubted that Christ was real or that He arose from the dead.  I know there were plenty of atheists and agnostics but no one in the little town of Fort Scott Kansas ever got on the KMDO radio talk show, put an article in the Fort Scott Tribune, or ever gave a speech against the reality of Jesus Christ’s resurrection.  Today, we live in a world where people openly doubt the existence and deity of Christ.

          I am strengthened by the true truth of this gospel hymn.  So, let me declare my credo:  Christ was born of a virgin, He was begotten of God, He left the portals of heaven and took on the form of a man, He was tempted like we are—yet without committing any sin, he lived on this earth while he ministered, He suffered, He died on a cross for my sin and the sin of the whole world, He died and rose again and is sitting at the right hand of the Father making intercession for us all.  Hallelujah!

          This hymn is saturated with deep true truth which is backed by the inspired Word of God.  Regardless of what postmodern men tend to believe.  Christ was crucified by cruel unbelieving men and was dead and placed in a tomb and the great stone was sealed.  This hymn declares, “Vainly they watch His bed, vainly they seal the dead.”  However, the story does not end there for it declares, “Death cannot keep his Prey. He tore the bars away.”  This hymn declares the power of Jesus my Savior and my Lord over death, hell, and the grave.  Up from the grave He arose, with a mighty triumph o’er His foes, He arose a Victor from the dark domain, and He lives forever, with His saints to reign. He arose! He arose!  Hallelujah! Christ arose!

 

Thought for the Day

Those who wish to reign with Christ in Heaven must experience His saving and cleansing power in this life.

 

 

Prayer for the Day

Lord I want to be able to reign with Christ when I get to heaven.  Precious Lord in Romans 1:7 and in 1 Corinthians 1:2, You have called us to be saints.  In Revelation 1:6 your word declares, “And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.  Lord I am saying Amen and Amen!  Make me clean and pure so that I may be one of your kings and priests.  Your word is truth.  It is true truth.  Lord you never call us to be something that we cannot be.  So, I am asking You to prepare my heart to be Your sanctuary.  This I ask in Your strong name.  Amen.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment