Thursday, January 21, 2021

Getting 2021 Started Right

 

Getting 2021 Started Right

In order to help us get 2021 started right, there is a concept of God's creation recorded in the Genesis record that we should discuss.  As I have  said before in this blog, Genesis 1:31 records the fact that when God created music its condition was very (maod, 3966) good (towb, 2896).  In other words, His music creation was not merely good, but it was exceedingly good or beautiful.  The Hebrew word maod is a superlative term.

 To God, music was not “just there”, but rather it was exceedingly good when used as He intended.  Towb connotes not only goodness but also beauty.  Although it is difficult to fully ascertain what is meant by music connoting beauty or being beautiful, it is possible to understand that God created music for His glory and also created it to be exceedingly beautiful and wonderful. We can also justly conclude that this creation which was maod towb was exceedingly valuable to mankind.  It was very beautiful, valuable, meaningful, and had the ability to be very efficacious either for good or, if perverted, for evil. 

 

Prayer for the New Year

 Dear precious Lord and Savior I want to thank You for creating music.  Help me to know how to music for your honor and glory throughout 2021.  Help me to seek your will every time I music and every time I write about music and musicing.  Ord help me to so live that my life will be constantly a life of service and worship.  Search my heart and see if there be any selfish or wicked way in me.  Help me to be circumspect in the way I live before my fellow man.  This I am praying in Your wonderful and wise name,  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment