Friday, December 18, 2020

God Really Is with Us

 

God Really Is with Us

 Isaiah 7:14 states, “Therefore the Lord himself shall give you a sign; Behold a Virgin shall conceive and bear a son, and thou shall call his name Immanuel.”

       St. Matthew 1:23 quotes Isaiah’s prophesy and further explains that Emmanuel means “God with us”.  To a people long ago who were in great darkness, God promised to send His son to be with us!  It was a long time after Isaiah’s prophesy before Christ was born, but god always keeps His promises.

       Christian musician be sure to remind everyone who takes part in your Christmas musical ministry that Christ’s coming to earth in space and time was a fulfillment of God’s promise to mankind that God really would come to earth to dwell with us.  Although you, as a music minister, may believe that all those who minister musically with you know all about the story of Christ’s coming to earth—tell them again! 

       I get blessed just thinking about the fact that God was and is with us.  We are not alone on this earth.  We may not be able to see Him, but we can experience His presence very, very near us at this time of Christmas.  Christ came to abide with us—not just visit us.  He came to tabernacle with his children.  Be sure to invite all who minister with you to experience Christ in a special way as they music unto Him.   That will make their musicing real and very special this Christmas season.   

Prayer, Chorus, and Thought for the Day

Prayer for the Day

        I want to thank you Lord for coming to be with us.  Thank you for leaving the splendors of heaven to be born of a virgin so that you could dwell with us.  I Thank you heavenly Father that we can trust you to always keep your promises to us.  Thank you for coming all the way to the eastern Kansas camp meeting in Fort Scott Kansas to forgive me of all my sins.  Thank You for finding me on an eighty-acre farm and convicting me of all my dark and awful sins.  Thank you for giving me a praying mother who wept and prayed over her wayward son until God for Christ’s sake brought me to a place of repentance on July 23, 1967.  Thank You Lord that I am experiencing Your presence right now as I write this little devotional prayer to You.  Thank you for giving me the witness that You dwell in my heart right at this moment.  Thank you!  Thank You!  Thank you!  Amen.

Chorus for the Day “Emmanuel” by Bob McGee 

Thought for the Day--It doesn’t make any difference to me whether my generation believes in Christ as a personal Savior or not, I know that he is because He has forgiven me of all my sins and sanctified me holy and that is enough evidence for me.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment