Saturday, June 29, 2019

The Christian Musician Thinks Differently-part 3


The Christian Musician Thinks Differently-part 3
I have observed that often what musicians say they believe about music and how they actually music are often somewhat different. This disparity is generally caused by the musician’s worldview of music and, based on the reality of that view, what  the musician believes music will or will not do to the whole life of a Christian.  Furthermore, based on the notion many Christians have that music is not capable of harming a Christian spiritually, a Christian musician’s worldview may become clouded by *skewed perception and thereby cause the development of a false view of music’s power to affect the whole life of a Christian.
My brother recently gave a friend a copy of my new book Music Philosophy in Christian Perspective.  His friend asked him for a copy of my college choir.  Since I am retired, I had to look through my CD collection to find a recording of my college teaching days.  The reason he wanted a recording was because he said, “When I read his book I will see what he says he believes, but when I hear his musical performances of sacred music I will find out what he actually believes about sacred music.


No comments:

Post a Comment