Monday, May 28, 2018

Musicians Should “Get Glad”


Musicians Should “Get Glad”
A long time ago I decided that I was going to be glad rather than get mad.  All that getting mad does is raise the Christian musician’s blood pressure.  When I am out of sorts with everyone I can’t think clearly and I am not the slightest bit creative or productive.  When I am mad I am not very much like Jesus.  I don’t even ask, “What would Jesus do?”  I know what He would do—He would treat others with love, consideration.  So, I know better than to ask “What would Jesus do?” 
I find it easy to tell everyone that I am a Christian, but sometimes it is much harder to act like I am a Christian.  Over the years the college music majors and the members of my choir and Symphonic wind and string ensemble observed my walk much more than my talk.  Every time in the past that I have had the good sense to keep my big mouth shut when I was not pleased with how things were going, I was glad later when the storm blew over. 
So, when you are upset with things that have come to pass—just remember that they came into your life to pass.  Yes, they will pass and when they are a part of your past you will be glad that you acted like a Christian when the fires of adversity were “hot and heavy”.   Contrary to common belief, God is not watching us from a distance.  He is watching you and me very closely.  Also, remember that He’s as close as the mention of His name.”  When you are about to blow up in someone’s face, call on the name of Jesus and He will come to your rescue. He will help you to “get glad” instead of continuing to be mad.
Prayer for the Day
My dear and precious Lord, I am so thankful that You care about everything that troubles me.  I do not need You most of the time, I need You all of the time!  I am asking You to be near me and help me to do more than talk the talk of a Christian.  Please help me to walk the walk of a Christ-like person.  I know that You are as close as the mention of Your name, so help me to call on Your name and also help me listen to Your advice when I hear from You!  This I am praying in Your wise and wonderful name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment