Tuesday, January 9, 2018

Evidence that Demands Our Attention part 2


Evidence that Demands Our Attention part 2

            Why all this fuss about music history?  The import of this discussion is simply that in the beginning God created music.  It is my belief that it is possible that, under inspiration, God revealed the te’amim to the ancient Bible authors who wrote both music and words as a unit or a musical Melos. If musicologists and Christian authors who write on Church music would treat the Bible with respect, like Stolba has, they would have many more answers to music's beginning.  

            The written Bible notation is without doubt musical evidence that demands our attention and respect.  Again, I want to say that music began when God created all things.  When Jehovah revealed it to mankind is still a mystery.  "For now we see through a glass darkly; but then face to face: now I know in part; but then shall I know even as also I am known.“ I Corinthians 13:12










No comments:

Post a Comment