Thursday, June 1, 2017

Thank You for a Great May


Thank You for a Great May

It has been a great privilege and joy to spend the past month in Europe.  My view of God and who He is and what he has created is always expanded when I travel.  I am reminded of the scripture in Hebrews 2:6, “But one in a certain place testified, saying, What is man, that thou art mindful of him? or the son of man, that thou visitest him?”  As my wife, Sheila and I looked on the many beautiful sights in Europe, we were again amazed at the beauty and grandeur of God’s creation. 

I feel small and very privileged and blessed to have had the opportunity to expand my horizons by viewing the beauty of the mountains; the magnificent row houses in Copenhagen; the windmills in Holland; the beautiful locks in Scotland, and to visit a castle in Brest France.  As I walked on the deck of the ship and witnessed a sunrise at sea, it seemed impossible that anyone could doubt that such a marvel could have just happened without the work of a Creator and LORD of the whole universe. 

As I sat on a bench observing the magnificent view of a lock and the mountains that towered in the distant miles around it, I began to thank God for the many people who read my blog posts each month.  I am unspeakable blessed to be able to share my thoughts with readers in 128 countries around the globe.  When I retired from music administration and teaching, I feared that my time of usefulness was at an end.

I want to thank God for my oldest daughter Deanna Wolf Mander who would not let me rest until she and my daughter Sarah had set up this blog format.  I am thoroughly convinced that when God closes a door in a Christian musician’s life, He opens a window of opportunity to minister to others.  God has made it possible for my readers to experience over 87,800 page views since this music blog was started and over 2,000 page views last month.  As I sat on that bench, at a castle in Scotland, I began to praise god in my heart for His marvelous goodness to a Kansas farmer who had no ecclesiastical background and was totally unknown.
To my blog readers, “Thank you for your faithfulness”.  May God bless you as you read and as the blessed Holy Spirit guides your thoughts as you read and as He helps you to apply any insights that you gain to your m

No comments:

Post a Comment