Tuesday, February 14, 2017

Thank God I Was Started Early


Thank God I Was Started Early
          My first memories of going to church include my mother practicing songs with me and praying with me, and the preacher lifting me up on a chair behind the pulpit to sing special music about Jesus.  I have told you all this to remind all of you Christian parents that your children’s musical training really matters.  No matter what you have or do not have, the things that matter are not “things”.  Whatever it takes, make sure that your children receive a quality music education and that you provide them opportunities to give their musical talents back to the God who gave them to your children. 
          I am grateful that Dr. John I. Page and his wife Virginia took me to church fellowship meetings and to retirement communities to sing the gospel as a little child.  I was extremely blessed to have a pastor and his wife that cared about a little boy who had some musical talent.  I am also grateful that in July of 1967 Dr. Page invited me to an altar of prayer where I confessed my sins and wept my way into the loving arms of my forgiving Savior Jesus Christ.  I will forever be thankful that I was given a Christian upbringing and that as a child I was given musical training and many opportunities to give my musical talents back to God. 
Thought for the Day 
I often wonder if I would have ever gone into Christian musical service if my mother and my pastor and his wife had not started me at a very early age to give my musical talent back to the almighty God who gave it to me.  You should make sure to guide the young children whom God has laced under your care to start musicing unto God at a very early age.
Song for the Day
Give of Your Best to the Master by Howard B. Grose

No comments:

Post a Comment