Thursday, February 16, 2017

Singing unto the LORD is a Joy


Singing unto the LORD is a Joy
            "Therefore I will give thanks unto thee, O LORD, among the heathen, and I will sing praises unto thy name."  (II Samuel 22:50).  Romans 15:9 says, ". . .I will confess to thee among the Gentiles, and sing unto thy name."  In Psalm 108:3 David proclaimed that he would sing praises among people and nations.  Isaiah 42:11-12 is an exhortation to praise God in the islands.  Again the Psalmist David declared in Psalm 57:9, "I will sing unto thee among the nations."  Paul and Silas sang praises unto God in the prison (Acts 16:25).  Finally, we are admonished to, "Sing unto the LORD a new song, and his praise in the congregation of saints." (Psalm 149:1).  The writer of the Hebrew letter (2:12) said, ". . .in the midst of the church will I sing praise unto thee."
            We are instructed in God's Word to sing among sinners, among saints, in foreign countries, in the time of persecution, and in God's house.  We are instructed to sing praise unto Him everywhere. "Praise ye the LORD.  Praise the LORD, O my soul.  While I live will I praise the LORD:  I will sing praises unto my God while I have any being." (Psalm 146:1-2).  "I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live:  I will sing praise to my God while I have my being." (Psalm 104:33).  We should praise the LORD as long as we live, for He is worthy of our praise.  Finally, in the Revelation John speaks of those who win victory over the beast, his image, and his mark.  "And they sing the song of Moses the servant of God, and the song of the Lamb, saying, Great and marvelous are thy works, Lord God Almighty; just and true are thy ways, thou King of saints." (Revelation 15:3).
            Rather than becoming overcome by the responsibility to sing unto the LORD, the Christian musician who sings should consider it an honor and a privilege to sing for God’s glory.  The Christian singer never quits singing unto God.  He or she may retire from regular every day music ministry but my Bible teaches that everyone who breathes must use that breath to praise the LORD.  
Thought for the Day
My Bible says in Psalm 33:1, “Rejoice in the LORD, O ye righteous: for praise is comely for the upright.” The word na’veh (5000) that is translated comely in the AV means suitable or beautiful.  So, the most suitable, beautiful, and appropriate for you to do during this day is to spend the day praising God.


No comments:

Post a Comment