Tuesday, October 11, 2016

Thankful on October Eleven


Thankful on October Eleven

            Today is my brother Nathan’s birthday.  If the Lord wills tomorrow, I will get to be with him and his wife in Chicago.  I’m especially thankful that my wife and I will have the opportunity to visit with them there.  I plan to go with them to visit the Navy Pier stained glass museum.  I am always blessed when I view those beautiful stained glass windows.  That kind of beauty always causes me to think about my living Savior.  Certainly those beautiful stories told in beautiful stained glass cause me to remember that God is so good to me by giving me sight. 

            I often think when I am viewing those beautiful windows, God could have created the world in black and white or grey, but he chose to create in color.  He could have created in color but only given me the ability to see in a dull grey.  I want to thank God today for the abundance of life that he has given to me.  I also want to thank God for giving me two wonderful brothers David and Nathan, and that he has allows me to spend time with them.  Take some today to thank the Lord for someone in your family.

Prayer for the day

Lord, I am so excited that I will be able to visit with my brother and his wife Kathleen tomorrow.  I want to thank You for my brother Nathan.  I am asking You to bless and protect him and to make him a blessing to someone else today.  You are a wonderful Lord and Savior to me.  Lord, I want to thank you for giving me sight and I will try to never again complain about having to wear trifocal glasses.  Thank You, Thank You for your wonderful goodness to me.  Amen,

No comments:

Post a Comment