Sunday, July 24, 2016

The Musician’s Tower


The Musician’s Tower

       II Samuel 22:3 states, “The God of my rock; in him will I trust: he is my shield, and the horn of my salvation, my high tower, and my refuge, my savior, thou savest me from violence.” 
       The first site that I wanted to in Paris was the Eifel Tower.  We arrived at the tower just before they turned on the tower lights at dusk.  The tower is beautiful all the time, but it is awesome at night when the lights outline the entire tower.  The tower looked big from a distance, but when stood directly under the tower it was very huge!
       I don’t know how many times I have read this scripture but it never stood out to me until I had seen the Eifel Tower.  Now I have a much clearer mental picture of God as my high tower.  He is bigger and stronger than the Eifel Tower.  He is the God who is above all false gods.  Now I understand that the false gods of the world are like those little key chains which have a small metal tower hooked to them with a chain.
       Everyone has a rock.  It may be a crumbling rock or a bunch of pebbles.  Let me remind you that God is your Rock and strong tower.  Since He is so high and lifted up, strong and mighty, He towers above all your troubles.  He will be your refuge and Savior. The Christian musician’s tower is the rock Christ Jesus.  There is no other tower as strong as our God.  The Christian musician is anchored deeply on the strong rock and tower Christ Jesus.
       When we got to the Eifel Tower it was raining and the wind was blowing.  However when we got completely under the tower, we were sheltered from the cold night rain in Paris.  I did not want to leave the protection of this magnificent tower.  However, I had too because the others I was traveling with wanted to see more of the magnificent city or Paris.
       Praise God, we never have to leave the protection of our strong, high and mighty tower Christ Jesus our Lord.  I cannot understand why any musician would willingly journey through this life without the strength and protection of our tower which is Jesus our Lord.

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment