Saturday, July 2, 2016

Is Your Life Submitted?


Submission by C. Austin Miles
1. The path that I have trod, has brought me nearer God, 
though oft it led through sorrows gates.
Though not the way I'd choose, in my way I might lose,
the joy that yet for me awaits. 
[Chorus]
Not what I wish to be, nor where I wish to go.
For who am I that I should choose my way.
The Lord will choose for me, 'tis better far I know.
So let him bid me go; or stay. 
2. The cross that I must bear, if I a crown would wear,
is not the cross that I would take.
But since on me 'tis laid, I'll take it unafraid;
and bear it for the Master's sake. 
3 Not what I wish to be, nor where I wish to go.
For who am I that I should choose my way.  
My soul shall rise above this world in which I move;
I conquer only when I yield.  
            This gospel song is one of my favorites. It sort-of tells part of my life story for the first verse says,” Though not the way I'd choose” is true of my youthful choices.  I wanted to be a life-stock auctioneer.  When I was a boy I attended many life-stock auctions and learned how to “cry” an auction.  So, becoming a music educator was not my first choice for a life-long career. 
            However, God had a much different plan for my life. As I look back on my life I can sing with all my heart, “Not what I wish to be, nor where I wish to go.  For who am I that I should choose my way.”  Although being a life-stock auctioneer would have been a fine profession, it was not God’s will for my life!  When I was making plans to be an auctioneer I was not a Christian.  When I yielded my life to Christ I found out that “I conquer only when I yield”.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment