Saturday, October 5, 2013

What Do We Do Now that Rock Won't Go Away?-Part 8


What Do We Do Now that Rock Won’t Go Away?-Part 8
       At this point. If I was Satan, I would be able to hook a great host of Christian musicians into caving in to, at least partially, getting involved with this very complicated musical development.  If I was Satan, I would proceed very slowly and carefully with conservative Christian musicians.  I would not be credulous enough to believe that I could change their musical tastes quickly.  I would probably bypass a generation or two of Christian musicians who have studied music history, theory and literature very carefully.  I would most definitely bypass those who had studied the history of church music and music in the Bible.
       If I was Satan, I would get conservative Christian musicians so busy that they would not take time to chat size their children musically.  I would tempt their children to weary their parents into allowing them to listen and perform rock music.  Once I had their children hooked on rock music, I would tempt the children to become much more bold with their demands to perform rock music in Christian schools, Christian colleges and in church. 
        If I was Satan, I would know that once these permissive Christian’s children were deeply involved with rock music that I would have, for all intensive purposes, silenced almost all objections to religious rock music.  If I was Satan I would not worry about these Christian parent’s campaigns about the extremes of secular rock music because, I would know that these vocal outbursts about “Satanic” rock music would keep these naïve permissive Christian parents form dealing with the real issue—Religious rock music.
       If I was Satan, at the same time that I was working with children of Christian parents, I would be very busy with the general population of Christians who were more unaware musically.  I would work most with those who had never been catechized musically by the church or Christian school and had never developed a Christocentric bible based music philosophy. 
       If I was Satan, my long range master plan would be to get all Christians to get involved with rock music at “some level”.  I would not start first with actual rock music, but I would try getting all Christians to involve themselves with rock music’s “first cousins”.  If I was Satan, I would concentrate on Christian’s getting involved in mainstream country music (the sexy highly rhythmically controlled type), jazz, techno pop music, reggae, ska, etc. etc. etc.  The reason I would concentrate on the multitude of “first cousin styles” is that these styles of music are a major part of rock music’s current amalgamation.

No comments:

Post a Comment