Wednesday, January 29, 2020

Thoughts on Spiritual Horticulture--Part 2


Thoughts on Spiritual Horticulture--Part 2
. Psalm 52:7b But I am like a green olive tree in the house of God: I trust in the mercy of God for ever and ever.  I will praise thee forever, because thou hast done it: and I will wait on thy name; for it is good before thy saints.
David  states in this verse that he is a green tree and since it is a green olive tree it is a spiritually productive tree.  Olive trees are capable of living and producing olives for many, many years.  Notice that earlier in this Psalm David mentions some things that the spiritually green tree does not do.
 I know that it is not politically correct to mention things that the Christian who is alive and productive does not do, but God’s inspired word lists some of them in Psalm 52. In Psalm 52:5 the green tree is warned that if he or she does these things “God shall likewise destroy thee forever, he shall take thee away, and pluck thee out of thy dwelling place, and root thee out of the land of the living. Selah.”  Also, Psalm 52:7 warns,  Lo, this is the man that made not God his strength; but trusted in the abundance of his riches, and strengthened himself in his wickedness.”
Thought for the Day
Psalm 28:7 teaches, The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusted in him, and I am helped: therefore my heart greatly rejoiceth; and with my song will I praise him.


No comments:

Post a Comment