Sunday, August 18, 2019

Musician Who Choose to Love Others


Musician Who Choose to Love Others
1 John 4:7, “Beloved, let us love one another: for love is of God; and everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.”
               I am not sure that I completely understand what this verse means, but I do understand that those who love God are required to love others.  The ability to love others is a God given thing.  Mankind is generally self-involved, selfish, self-centered and prone to rejecting those that do not think and act in the same manner as the one who is judging another.
Musicians often get a double portion of self-centeredness.  One sobering thought is that persons who do not love others, do not truly love God.  This verse teaches musicians that those who truly know God in a personal way love others.  This verse does not teach that those who love God only love others who  love and know God.  Those of us who are the slightest bit honest will have to admit that other musicians can at times be very annoying!  How does a musician go about loving another musician who is annoying?  1 John 4:7 very teaches that loving others is a choice.  We choose to love other musicians who sing and play a bit off pitch or play all soft sections at a ff.  We choose to love musicians who regularly come late to rehearsals. 
Verse seven begins by stating, “let us love one another”.  Loving others is something that we as Christian musicians often have to work on in order to be in harmony with what this verse teaches.  This verse reminds Christian musicians that “love is of God” so God can and will help us to love others.  I am a bit puzzled by the statement “everyone that loveth is born of God, and knoweth God.”  I have decided to work on the part of this verse that I do understand.  I am going to work on my attitude toward other musicians that I do not understand.  I know that at times I need a lot of help in this area, but I know that God requires me to love others and that since He is the author of love He will help me to love others that I do not understand.
Prayer for the Day
Thank You Lord for loving me.  Thank you for loving me when I did not love you.  Thank You for helping me love others that do not act like they love me.  Thank You for being a God of love.  Thank You in advance for helping me each day to work on my attitude toward others and helping me to make the choice today and tomorrow to love others.  This I am asking in Your loving and powerful name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment