Thursday, December 6, 2018

I AM That I AM Created Music


I AM That I AM Created Music

          Earlier I said that God did not create music because He was destined to do so.  God did not create music because it was in His destiny or future.  God very clearly explained this to Moses in Exodus 3:14, “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”  God did not say, I was God in the past or I will be God in the future, but rather hayah asher hayah (1961, 834, 1961) which should be understood according to historic manuscripts translated by Dr. Clarke: “The Vulgate translates I am who am.  The Septuagint, I am he who exists.  The Syriac, the Persic, and the Chaldee preserve the original words without any gloss.”[i]  

               Therefore, God does not have a beginning or end, but rather, in His own words, He simply explains, “I AM”.  Because God “is” and always has had this permanence, He did not create music to complete anything.  He created music out of His Great wisdom and will.  This act of God’s sovereign will should be a reminder to finite musicians of the permanence and importance of music which God created out of his wisdom and perfect will.  It establishes and attests to the fact that God owns music; therefore it must always come under the Lordship Of Christ.  Christian musicians do not have rights concerning music, they only have responsibilities!



[i] Clarke’s commentary, Vol. 1, p. by Adam Clarke, p. 306.

No comments:

Post a Comment