Thursday, November 29, 2018

Thinking before We Act


Thinking before We Act 

Conservative Christian thinkers need to do just that--think before they speak.  Cutting harsh words are hard to take back.  A conservative musician will never get a second chance to make a first impression.  If conservative musicians want to wrap our musical robes around themselves they can, but if they do, they will never be instrumental in helping musicians who are pluralistic synthesis thinkers, change their thinking.
When I was doing research for my book Church Music Matters, I would read a book by a conservative and immediately think, “This is good, this is exactly what I believe.”  Then I realized that I do not like to read after those who do not agree with me.  Through my reading the Holy Spirit was able to whisper to me, “You are not a good listener.”  As a matter of fact, I have found out that not only was I not a good listener, sometimes I would not listen at all!  I wasn’t the slightest bit interested in knowing exactly how a synthesis thinking musician thinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment