Monday, July 16, 2018

Present Yourself Willingly


Present Yourself Willingly

2Chronicles 17:16, “And next him was Amasiah the son of Zichri, who willingly offered himself unto the LORD; and with him two hundred thousand mighty men of valor.”

            I was reading through the 2n chronicles the other morning and the sixteenth verse stood out to me.  Amasiah willingly offered himself unto the LORD.  I have seen Christian musicians who are serving God faithfully as ministers of music or Christian school music teachers, but although they are ministering faithfully, they seem to always to be “kicking and screaming” about their human condition.  They have failed to do what the ancient Israelite did—they have not given themselves willingly!

            It is one thing to give yourself to God but it is another to follow the admonition of St. Paul in Romans 12:1 when he wrote, “I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that ye present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable unto God, which is your reasonable service.”  It is far better to willingly present oneself than to do it “kicking and screaming”. 

Prayer for the Day

I want to thank You lord for ever seeing fit to us me as a music minister and teacher.  I am asking You to forgive me for the times that I have complained about my human condition.  Help me to not only serve You but to also serve you willingly Help me to say like Isaiah, ”here am I, send me”.  I can never pay my debt of gratitude to You Lord for what You have done for me!  Thank You dear and precious Lord.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment