Friday, February 23, 2018

My Credo


My Credo

Every so often I publish my Credo so that those who are new to the blog family will gain some insight into my beliefs. I have often read sketches of a person’s writings only to find out later that they do not consider the Bible to be inspired, accurate or trustworthy.  So here are a few of the things that I consider important.

 I believe that the more than 600 references to music in the Bible are given by inspiration of God and are profitable doctrine for reproof, correction, and instruction today.  I believe that the Bible provides us with timeless, relevant, usable, practical and spiritual guidance in the 21st century.  I believe that the only completely safe teacher of church music philosophy is the Holy Spirit who is capable and willing to guide us into all truth concerning music ministry in this century. 

I believe that there are absolutes concerning music ministry.  I believe in profundity, appropriateness and standards of correctness in church music.  I believe that all music matters and therefore Church matters to every Christian and that it matters to God.  I believe that although there is room for taste in church music ministry, it is not all a matter of personal taste.  I believe God created music and that He thought it into being.  I believe that since God thinks about music it behooves us to study his Word to ascertain what He thinks about music.

I believe that good causes in music may be served.  I believe that even though we live in this present evil world, we are not of this present world.  I believe that conservative Spirit filled musicians can effect positive changes in church music.  I believe that churches, Christian schools and Bible colleges who have a Christocentric music philosophy can catechize the next generation of music educators and church musicians to put on the “whole armor of God” that they may resist the stratagems of Satan that surround us.  I believe that conservative Christian musicians may be renewed in the spirit of their mind in such a way as to affect positive change in Bible believing church music ministries.  I believe that under the anointing of the blessed Holy Spirit, conservative Bible believing ministers of music may fulfill the Bible mandate in Genesis 1:26 that man made in God’s image should have dominion over all the earth which includes music.  



No comments:

Post a Comment