Wednesday, December 27, 2017

Amen, and Amen

                                                 
Re 1:5-6, “And from Jesus Christ, who is the faithful witness, and the first begotten of the dead, and the prince of the kings of the earth. Unto him that loved us, and washed us from our sins in his own blood; And hath made us kings and priests unto God and his Father; to him be glory and dominion for ever and ever. Amen.”  Take some time to think about what “Amen” means.  The word amen used in this verse in the NT is a Hebrew loan word that means ‘of verity’ or ‘so be it’.   When I think about Jesus Christ is a faithful witness that loved me so much that He loved me in spite of my sin, I say halleluiah amen!  Think of it, the prince of the kings of the earth loved me enough to die for my sin.  When I ponder on the wonder of His love I am amazed that He suffered and died for a small sinful boy who grew up on an eighty-acre farm in eastern Kansas.  
Wow! I’m about to get blessed and make some noise.  I’m not sure that I am capable of sitting here much longer without praising my Lord and Savior loudly.  I’m about ready to make a joyful noise to express my happiness.  Those around me will not understand what is going on in my inner most soul right now.  They may take me away and restrain me with a straight jacket, but that’s ok because my wonderful Lord will understand.  If I tell them that I am thinking about my Savior who is the first begotten of the dead and my soon coming king, they will consider me to be just another religious fanatic but that’s ok because my Lord and Savior will know that I am perfectly sane.
My Savior knows how many sins His precious blood washed away in an instant.  He knows how he transformed me into a king and priest unto His glory.  Christian musician look up with joy.  Take heart because he has done the same for you.  Let your mouth be filled with many Amens and Hallejuiahs unto the victorious Lamb of God.  Remember that you are on the winning side because you serve a God who will have dominion and glory forever, Amen.
Thought for the Day
Thank God that His Son has washed us of our sins.  He has made us clean so that we can serve him as Kings and Priests unto God.

Song for the Day  “O Make Me Clean” by George W. Bennard
Prayer for the Day
I want to thank You Lord for loving me so much that You washed me of my sins in Your efficacious blood.  Thank you for suffering, dying, and rising again victorious over sin.  Please help me to give you praise, honor and glory for your sacrifice for the sins of the world, which included my awful load of sin.  Please help me by Your grace to be a king and priest unto your name.  This I am praying. Amen. 





No comments:

Post a Comment