Saturday, November 12, 2016

Thoughts on 1 Corinthians Chapter Thirteen-part 6


Thoughts on 1 Corinthians Chapter Thirteen-part 6

            In Matthew 12:34 Jesus said to the Pharisees who were so bitter and negative, “O generation of vipers, how can ye, being evil, speak good things? For out of the abundance of the heart the mouth speaketh.”     Happiness is a choice!  Contentment is a choice. Pleasantness is an attitude of our inner-self.  My former pastor and mentor R.E. Carroll used to say that he often would pray, “LORD handle me, LORD take care of my attitude! LORD I cannot change the other guy or his attitudes or actions but LORD please help me with my attitudes and actions!”

            Years ago I first heard the old saying “If you do not want to get burned you had better stay out of the kitchen”.  I have lived long enough to understand that, as a Christian musician, we often get burned by those who ought to be helping us.  With the advent of email it is easy for them to fire off a cryptic nasty negative message without having to face the one that they are targeting with their anger.  Many Christian leaders seem to have forgotten the Bible’s way of handling a difference found in Galatians 6:1 “Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.”  As a Christian musician let me admonish you to be a part of the solution rather than becoming part of the problem.



Thought for the Day

Agape love is a love that wants to restore others to fellowship with God and with other Christians.  Christ’s prayer in the garden of Gethsemane was a prayer of forgiveness instead of retribution.




No comments:

Post a Comment