Saturday, January 26, 2013

How I got started studying music in the Bible

 In July of the summer of 1967 I attended the Eastern Kansas Camp with my mother Anna Mayme Wolf, who has now gone to heaven.  The evangelist was Dr. C.E. Cowen who preached a very powerful lucid gospel message. Dr. John I. Page came to me and invited me to step forward and give my heart to the Lord.  I came forward that night an bowed at an old wooden alter in that  open air tabernacle.  I confessed my sins with much godly sorrow, gave my heart to God, and by faith in the merits of Christ alone received Christ as my personal savior. 
     I later graduated from Pittsburg State University in Pittsburg Kansas and  accepted a teaching position at Kansas City College and Bible School in Overland Park Kansas. I believe it was during that school year that I attended Dr. Frank Garlock's music seminar which took place at Kansas City Christian School in Merriam Kansas.
     It was during that seminar that the Lord impressed upon my heart to give serious study to the topic of music in the Bible and to develop a coherent Christ centered music philosophy.  I will forever be grateful to Dr. Garlock for his faithfulness to the Lord.  Without his faithfulness to deliver the message of Christ centered musicing, I might not have started on this marvelous musical journey.

No comments:

Post a Comment