Tuesday, July 11, 2023

Are They Musical Convictions or Preferences? Part 2

 

Are They Musical Convictions or Preferences? Part 2

 

 I am not saying that my philosophical preferences do not matter.  I am simply acknowledging that my relationship with other Christian musicians matters more than most of my musical preferences.  They matter enough for me to disagree agreeably with my Christian colleagues who are of a different opinion about music education and church music preferences. So, I must very carefully differentiate between my musical preferences and Bible principles of musicing which are not negotiable.

The Christian musician must remember that I\it is important to have a tender conscience.  When one believes that a certain type of music or musicing is destructive to that person’s spiritual life it is dangerous to ignore what one believes to be the checks of the Holy Spirit.  However, that musician should not demand that everyone refrain from musicing in a certain way if the  Bible is silent about a certain way of musicing.

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment