Wednesday, September 1, 2021

 

Walking in God’s Light

Ephesians 5:8-10, “For ye were sometimes darkness, but now are ye light in the Lord: walk as children of light: (For the fruit of the Spirit is in all goodness and righteousness and truth;) Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”

Sometimes Christian musicians get weary of having to justify all of their musical actions.  It would seem that a Christian musician’s faithfulness over several years would be enough to satisfy other Christians.  I am now 73 years old and I still don’t have any problem justifying all of my secular and sacred musicing.  Being accountable to those in charge is just part of my musical ministry.

          However, I want to briefly discuss “Proving what is acceptable unto the Lord.”  It is one thing to pleas those who have authority over me, but it is another to set about pleasing my Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.  I have totally missed the point if He is not pleased with my music ministry.  I believe that I will doubtlessly have to give an account of my musicing when I get to the end of my journey on this earth and face him whose eyes are as a flame of fire.  (See Rev. 2:18, Rev. 19:12)  So, I want to be sensitive to the checks of the Holy Spirit  who will guide my day by day music ministry.  How about you?  Do you seek to please Him?

 

No comments:

Post a Comment