Thursday, August 26, 2021

Bringing God “Special Seed”

 

Bringing God “Special Seed”

Psalm 1:4, “The ungodly are not so: but are like the chaff which the wind driveth away.”

 

I am a pigeon fancier, so, I often find myself at the feed store buying grain to feed them.

For several years I have been buying a type of mixed grain which the store calls special bird feed.  It is somewhat expensive but it has always contained lots of milo, millet, black sunflower seeds, and contained only a minimum amount of cracked corn.  Recently I purchased some of this mixed grain, and when I opened the sack it not only contained grain but also ground up bits of corn cobs and what appeared to be floor sweepings.  To say the least, I was very unhappy.

          As I thought it over, I began to think what it will be like when the Lord inspects the increase that I have laid before His precious feet.  I began to wonder; will he consider my musicing to mostly be ground up corn cobs and floor sweepings?  Will  my Lord and Savior consider what I have brought to Him to be “like the chaff which the wind driveth away”?

          I want to make sure that I bring before Him good seed.  Are my musical actions worthy seed to bring to my precious Lord?  Are my musical ambitions molded to his will?   Psalm 139:23 is my prayer, “Search me, O God, and know my heart: try me, and know my thoughts…”  I know that what I think is important will guide the things that I set out to accomplish musically.  So, I am praying that I will not bring chaff before my Savior when I get to the end of my journey.  I want God to guide my musical ministry every day.  I want to lay before His feet seed which is truly “special seed”.  If they way that I have musiced pleases God, I will truly be a blessed Christian.

         

No comments:

Post a Comment