Friday, September 11, 2020

God Created Music -Part 1

 

God Created Music -Part 1

We know that God created the mathematical ratios that form the basis of the musical scale as an on-purpose part of his six-day creation, because He created everything. The Genesis record in chapter 1:31 explains that at the end of the sixth day of creation “God saw everything that he had made, and behold, it was very good.”  Therefore, as I have stated many times in my philosophical writings, we know with certainty that in the beginning God created music.  In verse thirty-one God’s opinion is that the system of music He created was very good.  I don’t know about you, but for me, I trust God’s opinion since He *embodies absolute truth concerning all aspects of music. So, when His Word said that music was created in a very good way, I believe What God said I created music and, as I conceived it to be, it was very good.

          One may honestly ask, “What is God’s opinion concerning music?”  This is an honest question, so it deserves an honest answer.  Some of God’s ultimate and perfect opinion concerning music is found in the more than 600 references to music in the Bible.  Many Bible doctrines are only mentioned a few times in God’s Word, but music is so important to God that He mentions it hundreds of times in the inspired infallible Word.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment