Monday, September 2, 2019

God Is Faithful!


God Is Faithful!
1Corinthians 1:9 “God is faithful, by whom ye were called unto the fellowship of his Son Jesus Christ our Lord.” 
          Since God is faithful we should as Joshua 23:6 admonishes, “Be ye therefore very courageous…” and as Mt 10:16 states, “be ye therefore wise as serpents, and harmless as doves.”   We should also as Luke 6:36 said, “Be ye therefore merciful, as your Father also is merciful.”  Furthermore  Luke 12:40 reminds us, “Be ye therefore ready also: for the Son of man cometh at an hour when ye think not.”  Also, as St. Paul reminded the Christians at Ephesus in Ephesians 5:1, “Be ye therefore followers of God, as dear children; And walk in love, as Christ also hath loved us, and hath given himself for us an offering and a sacrifice to God for a sweet-smelling savor.”   1Peter  4:7 solemnly reminds us, ”But the end of all things is at hand: be ye therefore sober, and watch unto prayer.”
          All of the above are made possible by the great faithfulness of our faithful Savior Jesus Christ.  God’s grace is truly faithful in and through every situation.  God’s promises are true.  What God says He is always faithful to do.  We should never forget that Ephesians encourages us to believe that we, as 6:10  that we should,”… be strong in the Lord, and in the power of his might.”   We must always remember that the battle is not ours but rather it is the Lord’s battle and He will win it.
Prayer for the Day
My heavenly Father, I want to bring glory to Your matchless name today.  You are worthy of all the praise that we would ever give You because you are completely faithful.  Lord, I am asking You to help me to be an overcomer!  Your Word is true truth.  So, help me to believe Your Word and allow the Holy Spirit to apply it to my heart and understanding.  I know that I can pull through every problem of life if I will only allow You to pull me through each situation.  So, help me to simply “Trust and obey”.  This I am asking in Your strong and faithful name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment