Friday, July 12, 2019

Keeping Musical Meditations “Sweet”


Keeping Musical Meditations “Sweet”
Psalm 104:33-34 I will sing unto the LORD as long as I live: I will sing praise to my God while I have my being.  My meditation of him shall be sweet: I will be glad in the LORD.
          This psalmist takes the responsibility to remain glad and to be sure that his musical meditations remain sweet.  We do not know who this psalmist was, but he purposed in his heart to have control over his emotions.  Verse thirty-three explains that he will travel around and sing (shiyr 7891), and play i.e. touch or play a stringed instrument (zamar 2167), and celebrate JHVH.  He was declaring that he would on purpose sing and play the praises unto the LORD with a glad (samach 8055) heart.
  Furthermore, he purposed to keep his musical praises sweet (areb 6149) i.e. with pleasantness or pleasure.  If there is anything that a church should experience, it is to observe a musician who sings and plays the high praises of God with great pleasure.  Certainly they should not have to endure a musical performance by a Christian musician who looks like he or she has just eaten an unusually sour lemon.

Thought for the Day
Happiness is a choice.  Joyfulness is a choice.  Musicing in a positive way is a choice.  A positive attitude about musicing unto God and people is a choice. A joyful heart is a choice They are all right choices for ministering musicians to make.  Are they the choices that you have made?

Prayer for the Day
Thank You Lord for making it possible for making it possible for all my musicing and all my meditations to be sweet and positive.  Lord I am asking You to help me to be a positive musicer and to be a “sweet musician”.  Please don’t let me ever ger sour or bitter in my spirit.  I want to always minister to You in a positive way.  I want to let Your Spirit flow through me and be exhibited in all my musicing.  I want those who experience me musicing unto You to see a musician whom you have kept since July 22, 1967.  Help me during my senior years to be a celebrating Christian instead of a disgruntled senior musician.  This I am asking in Your powerful name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment