Wednesday, February 20, 2019

Rooted and Grounded


Rooted and Grounded
Psalm 1:3, “And he shall be like a tree planted by the rivers of water, that bringeth forth his fruit in his season; his leaf also shall not wither; and whatsoever he doeth shall prosper.”

            Our neighbors next door had two very large maple trees in their front yard.  They were beautiful to look at, but little did we know that they were defective.  They were at the bottom of a hill and all the run-off water surrounded them when the rain came in abundance.  Much to our surprise one of them toppled over and barely missed their house.  When we inspected the trunk of the tree, we found out that the roots were very small and had not gone very deep into the soil.  Also, there was no large tap root.  So, they were not strong enough to withstand the wind.
            The roots of the tree had regularly received so much water that they never had to go deep into the ground in order to receive water.  The application to Christian living is obvious.  The “dry” spiritual times that a  musician experiences causes the Christian to send his or her spiritual roots to go deep into the rich  spiritual earth. With this in mind the statement in Ephesians 3:16-17 is more easily understood i.e. “That he would grant you, according to the riches of his glory, to be strengthened with might by his Spirit in the inner man; That Christ may dwell in your hearts by faith; that ye, being rooted and grounded in love…”

Prayer for the Day

Our heavenly Father, I confess that I do not like the “dry” spiritual times that come as the enemy of my soul tempts, troubles and accuses me.  I am not asking You to allow Satan to trouble me, but if he does, I know that Your grace can make me a stronger victorious Christian.  So, I am asking You to help me to trust Your plan for my life.  Help me to be faithful and true when I am troubled, perplexed, tempted during the “dry” times in my spiritual walk with You.  This I am praying in Your wise and wonderful name.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment