Wednesday, May 20, 2015

How Did Music Begin?-part 2


How Did Music Begin?-part 2 
               God truly created music. Although the word created is used loosely by many musicians, man never actually creates music or anything for that matter.  God took nothing and made something--that something was music.  Music composers and arrangers only "construct"--they only are capable of "arranging"  or moving God's created musical building blocks into new artistic patterns.  A contractor who builds a building takes created materials and uses them to construct something.  He always takes "something" and constructs with these materials.  No matter how great a building a contractor constructs or how much *creative effort he exerts, what he puts together is not truly a creation.  We will discuss “creativeness further in chapter eleven under the topic Creativity and the Christian Musician.

             I  have often said that God did not create music because He was destined to do so.  God did not create music because it was in His destiny or future.  God very clearly explained this to Moses when He declared in Exodus 3:14, “And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you.”  God did not say I will be God in the future but rather hayah asher hayah(1961,834,1961) which means according to Dr. Clarke’s research, “The Vulgate translates I am who am.  The Septuagint, I am he who exists.  The Syriac, the Persic, and the Chaldee preserve the original words without any gloss.”  Clarke’s commentary, Vol. 1, p. by Adam Clarke, 306  So, I gave all the previous explanation to try to explain that God does not have a beginning or end, but rather in His own words He simply explains I AM. 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment