Thursday, February 25, 2021

Bible Principles of Musicing vs. Personal Preferences -Part 2

 

Bible Principles of Musicing vs. Personal Preferences -Part 2

 

I am not only passionate about  what the Bible teaches about music an musicing and my philosophic music convictions,  but I am also passionate about the philosophical preferences that I have which I earnestly believe are important to excellence in musicing.  I will endeavor to be true to my personal beliefs about how I should music unto God but at the same time I must recognize that they are my personal convictions that I have developed from my interpretation of what the Bible teaches about music and my lifelong study of music . I also have personal preferences about the styles of music and the way I interpret these styles of music in my personal music ministry. 

There is something that I have learned over the years that has helped me—my musical preferences do not matter enough to cause me to break fellowship with other musicians who disagree with me. In the light of what words spoken do to relationships, most musical preferences really do not matter as much as we think they do when the waves of adversity and disagreement are blowing.  At these times we need Christian musical friendship more than having our way musically.   What we need to do in these times is let the blessed Holy Spirit be our rudder to help us stay out of “foot in mouth disease”, remain on course musically, and at the same time allow other Christian music to exercise their musical preferences that are reasonable and that follow Bible principles of music and musicing.

Thought for the Day

 

It is perfectly acceptable to feel passionate about a Christian’s musical preferences.  However, demanding that others share those preference is a different matter.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment